Monday 26 August 2013

Berry's 42 Second Life Groups Challenge

“The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.” 
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Pearls


A bit late on this one, but I am am growing to really enjoy challenges/meme's, particularly when I am a bit lost for inspiration as I have been the last couple of days.  I couldn't find any clothes that jumped out at me (Imy invo is only 48k so I practically "have nothing to wear"!).   So, I decided not to bother with clothes, and just show you some of the newness from Elikatira  and some Maxi Gossamer goodies with a twist (meaning I am wearing the necklace back to front)

Anyway here are the meme instructions, followed by my brief answers (and trust me, brief is not easy for me).

Meme Instructions: Answer the following questions about groups and share some of your favs with us. 

Have you reached the 42 group limit? 

Oh goodness, yes, I never have a spare spot.  And I can remember my early days in SL (almost 7 years ago) when you only got something like 12 group slots (don’t quote me on the amount, but it was very small)  

Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of? 

I try not to, it gets too confusing.  I have created a "mini Zsa" and I am having to lose some of my groups and add her to them (which is dangerous as next thing I know she will be nagging me for mesh feet and hands).

What makes you want to join a group? 

Now I have started blogging more and more of my groups spaces are taken up by blogging groups and blogger support groups, so any other group spots are those for designers whose work I really enjoy.  Plus of course my land groups.

A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees? 

I can understand a nominal fee to keep spammers out but if a group offers benefits such as regular gifts or store credit/discount for group members, and I really love their stuff I will pay up to $250 (grudgingly!).  Anything more than that, I won’t do it.

Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.

This is so hard for me, restricting it to just a few, but here goes off the top of my head:

Belleza:  I just love Belleza skins and don't really feel "me" if I am wearing anything else.  I am trying to branch out for my blog though and have found some other skins I really like.

Gos: Periodic gifts and 10% back on all purchases, and as someone who has worn Gos almost since my rezz day, this is a no brainer.  And Gos loves animals which is an even better reason (but I am talking as crazy cat lady in all lives).

Aeva/Heartsick:  Amesha Jewell is one of the nicest and most generous creators I know. Her group gifts are absolutely fabulous.

The Cookie Jar:  So many great stores included, great for anyone (like me) who lives in a country cottage or a beach house (I live in both, I am weird that way).

KaTink:  Great group gifts, and discounts on new items.

MOCK Cosmetics:  Tons of fab group gifts, hunts, cheapies.

If you want to join in, you can find Strawberry Singh's challenge here

Credits:

Skin:  Belleza – Shyla Tan 3
Hair:  Elikatira - Malia, flame charred
Eyes:  IKON - Destiny, evening
Hands:  SLink - Casual

Eyelashes: Redgrave - 38, classic
Eyeliner: Izzies - Cat Eyeliner 4
Lips:  Belleza – Shy/Betty tan, lips 6
Nail Appliers:  KoKoLoReS – Nails, Nails, Nails! - Set 06

Jewellery
:  Maxi Gossamer - Ritzy Shimmer pearls bracelet, Alexa Black Choker Pearls earrings and Necklace (worn backwards)

Pose:  Glitterati (now only on mp) - Head Shots





No comments:

Post a Comment